Day #1: Flip-Flops
Below is an excerpt from my middle grade novel: Flip-Flop Kimmi in Tap Shoes. Her thoughts are mine!
Top 10 Reasons Why I Wear Flip-Flops
By: Kimmi Joy Harper
- My feet are claustrophobic. They enjoy breathing.
- They’re easy to put on, no tying involved.
- It’s my personal style, my fashion statement.
- People notice me, especially in the winter, and think about me every time they see flip-flops in a store.
- Flip-flops cut down on stinky feet problems because my feet are always open to the air.
- I like the sound they make. Flip. Flop.
- I can show off my painted toenails better.
- Flip-flops are easy conversation starters.
- I don’t have to go to five thousand stores looking for a special pair of shoes that fit. I know flip-flops fit and they’re in almost every store.
- Flip-flops are wonderful because they high-five your feet all day long!
Day #2: Glow-in-the-dark Clothing
Whether it be socks, T-shirts, pajama pants, underwear . . . Any time you can be your own flashlight . . . SCORE!