I have been living in Non-Existia for 2 months. Busy at work: writing, editing, researching, editing, tweaking, reading, editing, submitting, editing . . . It was a busy two months, writing-wise, and now SUMMER VACATION is happening. While I’m glad I don’t have to get up early to drive my kiddos to school, I’m already missing having a schedule–having somewhere I have to be, having a purpose to get up early and be productive. (That is going to change starting next week!)
I just returned from Nashville: UTOPIA CON (I will be writing a post about my time there…as soon as I recover…). What a wonderful place/people to help me get back into the excitement of writing. Since I returned, I’ve been sucked into Steampunk Victorian London. Stay tuned for exciting things. Hopefully!
- Scarlett Epstein Hates It Hear By Anna Breslaw (3 STARS)
- A YA, quirky tale that just had way too much blah in it.
- Pride and Prejudice By Jane Austen (5 STARS)
- My all-time favorite book. I have to read this at least once every year.
- Because I Love You By Tori Rigby (5STARS)
- Another wonderful book published by Blaze Publishing. This book sent me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. Have tissues handy!
- Kate By Sharon Srock (4 STARS)
- Adult, contemporary romance–a quick, enjoyable read.
- The Last Necromancer By C.J. Archer (4STARS)
- Adult–fun story with a steampunk feel.
- The Siren By Kiera Cass (4 STARS)
- YA Fantasy–a very interesting premise. I listened to this on my drive to Tennessee.
- The One By Kiera Cass (3 STARS)
- YA Dystopian–last book of the Selection Trilogy–must say, I didn’t really enjoy this one as much as the first two. Listened to this on my drive to Tennessee.
- The Heir By Kiera Cass (3 STARS)
- YA Dystopian–the next generation of the Selection . . . I listened to this as I drove home from Tennessee–I have to say, the main girl REALLY annoyed me with his snottiness, made it hard to enjoy the story.
- Defy By Sara B. Larson (4 1/2 STARS)
- YA Fantasy–such a great adventure! Loved every second!
- The Clockwork Scarab By Colleen Gleason (5 STARS)
- YA Steampunk–The first book in the Holmes and Stoker Trilogy. Sherlock Holmes niece and Bram Stoker’s sister team up to fight crime, and vampires in Steampunk London! So fun!
- The Spiritglass Charade By Colleen Gleason (4 STARS)
- YA Steampunk–Second book in the Holmes and Stoker Trilogy.
And, that is it for now . . . headed back to Non-Existia for awhile to research and write. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend. GOD BLESS AMERICA!